Calcium & Magnesium Fertilizer
– 2 to 1 calcium (Ca) to magnesium (Mg) ratio.
– Contains chelating agents for superior absorption.
– 100% water soluble.
– Warming water will help product dissolve better.
– Dissolve this product separately from other fertilizers. Calcium is antagonistic with other minerals and needs to be dissolved independently to avoid unwelcome chemical reactions. Mix calcium & magnesium solution with other fertilizers only after its been fully dissolved with water.
– Apply Calcium & Magnesium during weeks 2-10 at a rate of 2 tsp / 5 L if using R/O water. If using tap water you can reduce the dose. See details below.
– Learn more about Dr. Seeds Fertilizer Program
How To Correctly Dose Calcium and Magnesium.
A dosage of 2 tsp / 5L is based on R/O water. If you don’t know what R/O water means, it stands for reverse osmosis, which is a process where native minerals are removed from water, creating a pure water that has no minerals. Many growers use tap water that is not pure, has calcium and magnesium already in it, and will therefore require less than 2 tsp / 5 L of this product.
Reduce the recommended amount of this product by the amount of calcium and magnesium that is already in your tap water.
At the full dose of 2 tsp / 5L this product will add approximately 300 TDS of dissolved solids to your water. If you are using average tap water with approximately 150 TDS of native calcium and magnesium, you could add only 1 tsp / 5L of this product and your plants should be getting enough calcium and magnesium.
Every municipality has different mineral content in its tap water. To find out how much calcium or magnesium is in your tap or well water you can have your water tested or you can get test results from your municipality’s website.
For more about calcium and magnesium fertilizer click here.