The straight dope on germination.
- Sometimes not all seeds germinate even when following correct procedure. When following correct procedure the germination rate for seeds purchased at Dr. Seeds, or any another seedbank, will typically be 80% – 90%.
- The idea with ordering a tin of 5 seeds is not necessarily to get 5 plants. Often when people order seeds they are looking to get a mother plant of a desired strain to take clones from. Sometimes people will plant 5 seeds, pick the best plant of the 5 to be a mother, then get rid of the others. Traditionally, the reason seeds are sold in lots of 5 is to ensure a result of 1 good mother plant.
- At Dr. Seeds we understand that many of our customers are looking to achieve multiple plants, not just a mother plant. This is why we sell feminized seeds, removing the chance of males and therefore leaving you with more viable plants. Remember that people buying regular seeds have a 50% chance of every plant being a worthless male.
- Since Dr. Seeds, or any other seedbank, cannot say every seed they sell will germinate, what we do to help you is offer the best deal so you can get more seeds, and therefore more plants, for your money. By using the coupon code 3 FOR 2 you can buy 2 tins and get a 3rd one for free. This should more than make up for any seeds that do not germinate.
- You can crop your plants to make the canopy larger. Using cropping techniques a single plant can produce the same amount of buds as multiple plants. The point here is that you don’t necessarily need to have 5 plants to generate a large canopy of buds. As long as you get 1 good plant, with cropping your end result can be exactly the same as if you had several plants.
- If not all your seeds germinated and you would like more seeds and you feel disappointed that Dr. Seeds does not guarantee germination, we offer an option where you can get free seeds. All you have to do is take a picture of your healthy, successful plants and write a positive review of Dr. Seeds. If you do that, you can get a free tin of seeds of your choice of strain. By becoming a Dr. Seeds influencer, you can wind up with even more plants than seeds you paid for. No other seed bank offers such a great opportunity when it comes to germination. Read more about how to qualify for free seeds.